Sunday, October 12, 2008

Day 11: Buyers Remorse


We went to the Austin Farmer's Market today. There was a ton of stuff I wanted to try. Here is a snippet of what went through my mind:

"Peach butter? Mmm, I have never had it before, but I like peaches and I like butter!"
"Look over there, Albanian food! I have always wanted to TRY Albanian food. "
"Well, we do NEED honey. I mean, it would be the same as buying groceries really."
"What, are we just gonna sit at a table, not drink or eat anything and listen to music while we wait for 45 minutes?" (Looking back that is what we SHOULD have done)
"AAWWWW!! Look! Onesies with cute, liberal left wing sayings on them! I neeeeed those."
"ATM. We need an ATM."

Looking back on it I am quite a whiny thinker, I am starting to annoy myself. $20 later - at least we got Market bucks instead of cash - we walked out of the Farmer's Market with a morning spent, two cups of coffee, an undercooked empenada and a pound of honey. Immediately it started to sink in. We spent an entire $20 frivolously. As much as we needed honey, we did not need $11 honey. We did not need organicly grown and ethically harvested coffee. And we SO did not need an empenada that had ice-cycles in the middle of it.

On the upside, we learned a good lesson. Eat before leaving the house and bring coffee with you.

No comments: