Friday, October 17, 2008

Day 16: Driving

You know you are bored when you drive just to get away from the house (and the computer with all its stores) and then, when the baby falls asleep, you continue driving until you find a park. Then, when the park is found, you park and read in your car for an hour. You know you are nearing comatose when you do this, twice.

It is amazing what you can find in your community to do when you aren't busy pulling out your credit card. Parades, fairs, parks, and one million different ways to make a sandwich.

I think that is one of the worst things. When I was shopping, I could find "errands" to run. Gotta go to Target for ___. Oh and then the baby needs _____ from Old Navy. Then I will meet my friend for lunch at ____. Did we NEED to do these things? Nah. Did we need to pretend so that I can get out of the house and didn't lose my mind? Yes.

No comments: