Sunday, October 12, 2008

Day 12: The Grocery Game


I went grocery shopping today. I have to admit I got sort of a thrill when I pulled up to the front. The amount of possibilities to purchase is endless in a grocery store. I came prepared with a list of course, as suggested by all the money saving tips on Oprah. And using my secret grocery weapon, The Grocery Game, I spent $80 on $130 worth of groceries.

If I was a good saver, I would immediately put that $50 saved into my savings account, but we have been doing The Game for so long, our budget is structured to assume those savings. The Grocery Game is quick and simple to do!

1. Go to www.thegrocerygame.com and sign up. Give them my email address for a reference.
2. Cut all coupons out of the Sunday Newspaper each week
3. File all coupons in a system of some sort
4. Download The List each Sunday
5. Select those coupons the list tells you to and go shopping!

The list combines the weekly deals with the coupons you have in your file. This way you get double the amount off. I usually save anywhere from 40-60% on my grocery bill and I have been doing it for almost 2 years.

Thanks to Amanda for giving me this great tip!!
4.

No comments: