Monday, October 6, 2008

Day 6: You gotta have friends!


I have found that the easiest way to save money is to make a bunch of friends. A good friend will give you the shirt of their back and will do it with a smile. And then, the time will come when they will need something from you, and when that time comes you will happily give as well.

I was dreading it, but I realized that because of necessity, we were probably going to have to buy another diaper cover or two for the little man. He recently out grew three of the 5 that we have for him. I had been searching all the swapping sites, trying to find a cheap used cover that I wouldn't have to spend a whole bunch on. Even so, I was dragging my feet on the matter. Then, when I mentioned our situation and our plan to "buy nothing" for the next three months to my friend Bethany, she immediately tossed me three perfectly good covers her little girls had just grown out of. What a blessing she is!

I was flying high on my new find (I tried to pay her btw, but she just asked that I return them when he outgrows them) and thinking of what a great gift it was that I was able to stay on track with our savings plan when I checked the mail. There, in a surprise package, was a pair of GORGEOUS wool longies that my good friend Amy knitted special for my little guy! So sweet!

With friends like these, who needs money!?

No comments: